Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Decorations



christmas clipart 09 Way To Make This Christmas Environmentally Friendly

I LOVE Christmas Decorations! I have 2 trees, a North Pole Village and boxes and boxes of decorations. Last year none were put out due to my ankle surgery. This year? Hmm, well my dear hubby just had a seizure and broke his shoulder, and since I'm still recovering from said ankle surgery, yup you guessed it...no Christmas decorations again.
Or will there be?

I know I can't carry up the heavy stuff, but am going to attempt a few things. I have to lug them up the stairs from the basement, no simple task for me. (I swear he did this just to get out of carrying up those trees...just kidding Rob!) But you know what? It's ok.

Christmas is about family and having just lived through another family health scare, the decorations just don't seem as important to me to get done as they did Sunday afternoon. Sure I'll miss them (after all it's been 2 year since I've seen my beloved items), but it's ok. I can see them in my mind and remember the joy of Christmases past of decorating and enjoying them. So if they stay hidden in the basement again for another year, I can live with that because I will have my hubby there with me to sit in the treeless family room watching the un-decorated mantle as the fire burns to keep things cozy. That's what really matters isn't it?

So as we all rush to decorate and shop and cook, remember it's the love that surrounds you that truly makes Christmas.

With that said, if any of you want to volunteer to come over and help, I certainly won't say no! LOL



Merry Christmas Friends and Family.

 I love you all dearly,

Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment